If you’re like us, you don’t want to spend all your time in the kitchen this summer, especially on those patio-worthy evenings! Thankfully, CRMR Kitchen brings to the table an array of delicious Pasta Sauce’s designed to ease your busy summer schedule. Made locally in Calgary by our chefs in small batches, all of our sauces contain natural ingredients and are quick and easy to cook with.
Pasta Puttanesca is a delicious and fresh way to enjoy pasta this summer season, as it is the ideal level of savory due to the olives, capers and anchovies in the sauce, and extremely fragrant, thanks to the garlic and onion. Make pasta night a breeze using CRMR Kitchen’s Puttanesca Sauce, which is ready to heat and serve. The sauce is proudly local: tomatoes come from Alberta-based produce suppliers Galimax and Redhat, and the herbs in the sauce are sourced from Basil Ranch, a local supplier of herbs. Add your favorite protein and you have a quick, effortless meal everyone at the table will appreciate.
CRMR Kitchen head chef, Ken Canavan, has given us some tips on how to take your puttanesca pasta to the next level:
- Add protein to the sauce, we’d recommend seafood or lean game meat to make the dish both healthy and filling.
- Penne or fettucine would be ideal pasta choices, as the sauce will stick to these types of noodles best. We recommend Bella Italia Pasta, Bio Penne di Farro, or Pasta Artigianale – all available at Urban Butcher. Gluten free options such as Pastificio La Rosa, are also available.
- Top with freshly grated cheese, the creaminess will meld nicely with the salty and fragrant sauce.
Our Urban Butcher chef Lance has created a quick and easy Pasta Puttanesca recipe, watch the video below for a walk through on this delicious seafood infused dish!
- 1 lb fresh Scallops and Shrimps
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup chopped almond stuffed olives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup Dry White Wine
- 1 handful of fresh basil lightly chopped
- 1 jar of CRMR Kitchen Puttanesca Sauce
- 8 ounces dried penne or fettucine pasta
- Grated Pecorino Romano cheese to sprinkle on pasta as desired
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the scallops and shrimp and fry for 30 seconds. Add the garlic and shallots and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Deglaze with 1 cup of Dry White Wine and stir.
- Add the almond stuffed olives and stir.
- Add jar of CRMR Kitchen Puttanesca Sauce to pan and cook over medium heat until sauce is gently simmering and heated through.
- Add the fresh basil and mix the contents together and remove from the heat.
- Toss your cooked pasta in a light olive oil and plate up with your heated sauce. Top each dish with Pecorino Romano cheese, as desired.
Breathe in the fragrant aroma of this pasta, all while savoring your meal with a glass of wine. No time wasted in the kitchen means more time to spend with family and this delicious pasta puttanesca all summer long!