Beef Stew Recipe
Please mix all ingredients together in a crock pot or roasting pan with a lid.
- 2 to 3 lbs of raw cubed stewing beef
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cans cream of celery soup
- 1 pkg of onion soup mix
- 1 soup can of water
- 1 med onion chopped
- 2 large celery stalk chopped
- 1lb baby potatoes whole or cut in half
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- ¾ cup chopped turnips ( Optional )
Crock Pot – set on low in the morning and cook until dinner time.
Oven – In roasting pan covered – 300 degrees for 5 hours.
Beef or Bison Chili Recipe
- 225g (1/2 lb.) Thick sliced smoky bacon, diced
- 900g (2 lbs.) Ground Beef, Ground Bison, Ground Turkey or Ground Chicken
- 1 medium white onion, peeled & diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored & diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, cored and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 x 394ml cans beans. Can be red kidney (rinsed) or pork and beans
- 750ml (1 ½ cups ) beer
- 750ml ( 1 ½ cups) Beef stock
- 1 can (28oz) diced tomato
- 1.25ml (¼ tsp.) cayenne pepper
- 15ml (1 Tbsp.) Chili powder
- 5ml (1 tsp.) ground cumin
- 5ml (1 tsp.) smoked paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Red Pepper flakes to taste ( optional )
- Add more chili powder to taste if needed
Stock Pot – In a large stock pot on medium high heat cook bacon for approx. 4 minutes. Add ground meat and cook through till done. Remove meat mixture to a clean bowl. Leave approx. 15ml or 1 Tbsp. of grease in the stock pot. Add Jalapeno pepper, red pepper & onion and sauté for approx. 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté another 3 minutes.
Crock Pot – Cook the ground meat and bacon together in a pan then add everything into a crock pot. Set the crock pot on low and cook for approx. 4 to 6 hours.